Turmeric is a herbaceous plant of the ginger family and native to Asia.
This plant has been known for over 2,500 years in India, where it was first used as a dye.
It is very useful as a seasoning and there are also many benefits that can be useful for health.
See The 10 Benefits of Turmeric for Health:
- Turmeric helps relieve inflamed joints and arthritic pain. It is rich in a substance called curcumin, which makes the plant more effective than several remedies for arthritis. Curcumin helps ease the cause of the disease, by minimizing the symptoms of inflammation. It is also useful for side effects like nausea and bleeding, which can be common. In addition, curcumin contains at least five factors within the human body that aid inflammation and joint damage.
- Turmeric helps with digestion. There are several symptoms that can harm the stomach like flatulence, gas, nausea, digestive problems and among others. Turmeric stimulates the production of bile in the liver, which improves at the time of digestion.
- Turmeric helps relieve eczema and itching. A study was published by, The Archives of Plants magazine, finding that turmeric can give immense relief to skin conditions due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial action. Curcumin is an active component that can be applied to irritated areas by soothing the skin.
- Turmeric combats depression and help improve cognitive health. Curcumin has the ability to cause the growth of new cells in the brain region, which makes it a potential for further treatment and the preventive measure against depression. Curcumin may also help modulate the release of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. Dopamine is one of them and is associated with the brain’s recreational and reward systems, which leads to feelings of pleasure and motivation.
- Turmeric contains anti-cancer substances. A study was conducted by, The Cancer Research Institute of Jiangsu, China. An active component called curcumin was found that is from Turmeric, which was responsible for favorable results in which the cancer is reversed.
- Turmeric has strong antioxidant qualities. Curcumin, being rich in antioxidants, can expel free radicals from the body. Adding turmeric to the diet can make it an easy and very effective way to cure or prevent disease.
- Turmeric detoxifies the liver. Daily, dozens of toxins enter our body, leaving our bodies struggling with each to eliminate them. The liver is one of the major detox systems and many of the toxins attack it. Curcumin, when ingested, stimulates the increase of enzymes in the liver, in which they aid in the detoxification process. Thus, preventing toxins from accumulating and generating health complications.
- Turmeric helps prevent type 2 diabetes. A study was published in the Diabetes Journal and concluded that curcumin may help prevent people who were pre-diabetics, who are likely to become diabetic. Nine months later, 16.4% were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and ingested curcumin, which improved the overall function of single cells within the pancreas responsible for the production, storage, and release of insulin. Those already who was diagnosed with the disease and did not ingest curcumin continued the development of the disease.
- Turmeric can potentially be a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. Chronic inflammation of nerve cells is one of the factors that contribute to Alzheimer’s disease. Curcumin can inhibit some enzymes and chemicals that cause inflammation, problematic lower. The accumulation of proteins from the plaque inside the brain and precludes the communication pathways within the brain. By ingesting curcumin the absorption and intake of plaques work more efficiently.
- It works like cicatrizant. Turmeric contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties which function as a disinfectant agent. In case of burning or cutting, spread the turmeric powder in the affected region. Turmeric also helps to heal better and can be used to treat psoriasis or other skin swellings.
(Next Step: Fight inflammation, improve joints and overall health with Curcumin formula 46X, featuring 500 mg per serving and Povidone for maximum absorption.)